In response to the intense heat and residue buildup caused by braking on carbon, Zipp has developed the Tangente High Performance Cork Brake Pad that outperforms all other carbon-specific pads in all conditions. CNC machined from a unique composite material, the Tangente pad combines the stopping performance and durability of a synthetic polymer with the heat resistance and smooth feel of cork.
The Tangente operates at a lower temperature than any rubber-based pad.
• Reduces risk of carbon clincher rim damage
• Leaves no melted pad residue that can cause brake pulsation
• Reduces pulsation from rims with previous residue buildup
• Can extend wheelset life up to four times compared to rubber-based pads
The Tangente offers better overall stopping performance than any other carbon-specific pad.
• Composite material offers greater stopping power than traditional cork.
• Less “grabby” than rubber for improved braking modulation.
• Unique “arrowhead” shape improves wet-weather performance relative to all other cork pads and most rubber pads.
The Tangente is the most durable carbon-specific pad available.
• Cork-polymer composite material wears longer than traditional cork.
• Composite material wears similarly to low-temperature rubber but Tangente pad is .5mm thicker than most carbon-specific rubber pads.
Like Zipp wheels, the Tangente High Performance Cork Brake Pad is made in the USA.
The Tangente pad may be used on any tubular or clincher rim with a carbon braking surface, but it should never be used on aluminum braking surfaces.
One set will take care of your entire bike.