The AFS geometry is also aided and abetted by exclusive components that further the goal of a perfect fit:the 3D System is one such exclusive innovation. This structural adjustment system permits a wide range of handlebar heights for a given frame size without compromising front end stiffness. A higher or lower bar position is easily obtained to suit the rider's physique, fitness level and riding style, all without compromising performance.
The 3D System lets the user choose from three effective head tube lengths for a given frame size for positioning flexibility. These lengths are as follows:
- Basic head tube length, no 3D spacer
- Basic head tube length + 15mm
- Basic head tube length + 25mm
Thanks to 3D,
- handlebar set at a 15mm height retains an extra 5% of rigidity
- handlebar set at 25mm benefits from 11% retained rigidity, compared to such settings obtained with conventional stacked spacers.
- Since the 3D System offers three effective head tube lengths, a rider can set the right position initially, but can later revise this position as fitness, taste or riding style evolve over time.
The net result of these design elements is a superior positioning capability that offers riders of different physical types the optimal position for maximum performance, even for long course racing.
From the drawing board to the road, the E-112 was conceived as a unit, with all its elements exhibiting complementary dynamic characteristics. Its many owners have commented on this “all-of-a-piece” impression that translates into a predictable, solid ride in even the toughest conditions. Apart from the monocoque 5655 HM carbon frame, the E-112 consists of:
- The one-piece carbon E112 fork, specifically designed to enhance the frame’s impressive front-end stiffness.
- The ASP-4000 reversible carbon seat post, offering either a 76* or 78* effective seat tube angle.