2XU MEN'S X:1 PROJECT X TRIATHLON WETSUIT - 2010
No precedents, no barriers, no competitors.
2XU introduces PROJECT:X. The high performance revolution. Each garment within the PROJECT:X collection has been produced on an exclusive, limited edition international production run. Owners of 2XU PROJECT:X garments will be among a select few in the world granted priority 2XU PROJECT:X benefits to enjoy for life..
- With a 40 cell neoprene X Flex Panel across the front, 2XU's X:1 is engineered to arm the swimmer with unparalledled propulsion by facilitation a more effective body roll and flex through the water. Designed to support both the beginner and advanced swimmer, X Flex works with the natural movement of the body in the water, directing hips to perform more efficiently in the swim.
- Internal air cells - increases flexibility through the chest panels.
- Greater stability and less sideways movement in choppy conditions while a water channelling process is offered for greater lift and speed in the water in still conditions.
- Silver SCS lining for increased warmth.
- Optimizing the maximum 5mm thickness allowed under the International Federation Rules, and incorporating 39 cell rubber - the most buoyant on the market due to the cell density. Moximum buoyancy means less body in the water therefore less wetted surface area and a faster overall speed through the water.. Buoyancy is the ultimate component of speed.
- Less friction = more speed. The X:1 utilises nano SCS providing the wetsuit with an extra 4% buoyancy over standard SCS.
- Industry first Rollbar region improves buoyancy in the core for better body position when the body rolls off the front panel. This ultimately facilitates higher body position and hip position in the water for greater speed and power.
- Utilising new generation 1.5mm 40 cell neoprene: the most flexible available on the planet.
- The underarm is a key panel which dictates the degree of shoulder and arm movement, releasing the stroke action to allow a complete extension along the latissimus dorsi. Both the neoprene and inner lining materials have been selected for maximum flexibility.
- 520% four-way stretch neoprene complemented by highly flexible hollow polyester fibre lining.
- The lining in crucial flexibility zones is 4% more flexible than nylon alternatives. A comfortable inner layer does not reduce the flexibility of the outer neoprene skin, so energy can be focused on swimming and not wasted on restriction. The hydrophobic lining repels water, reducing arm weight by absorbing 70% less water than nylon.
- Advanced material and construction of the 2XU underarm panel delivers maximum flexibility to facilitate extensive arm extension, rotation, abduction and adduction. Completely unrestricted range of arm movement.
- Boasting a metallic alloy coating in the inner lining, the wetsuit will maintain the warmth required to promote blood flow in the lower leg panels. In turn, blood pooling in the upper body is prevented to offer a faster swim to bike transition and more competitive legs for the ride.
- New Propulsion Panels, delivering a greater frontal region with internal neoprene strips plus 2XU's propiety Strakes for enhanced grip on the water for a stabilised power in the kick.
- The upper leg region is serviced by the most buoyant neoprene available - nano SCS 5mm 39 cell neoprene.
- Lower legs have a reduced 3mm panel structure to help with the run to transition and a quick release leg cut for a faster suit removal.
BACK PANELS (MAIN LATERAL AND LOWER BACK)
- 2XU has engineered a back panel strong enough to contain a rigid zip and withstand the punishment of ongoing use in addition to being flexible enough to interact with the underarm panel for floatation. No seams for less restriction.
- The floating zip enhances flexibility in the back panel which allows the zip to move with the body, especially during the recovery and catch pahase of the stroke.
- The 2XU floating back panel also offers the added benefit of better expansion of the chest to recuce restricted breathing. The less flexible 5mm front floatation panel is complemented by a hyper flexible 1.5mm underarm panel and 3mm back panels to promote core expansion and breathing.
SEAT AND CROTCH PANELS
- These two panels are all about maximising buoyancy while having an anatomical fitting to prevent water pooling in this region.
- Featuring materials which compress the muscles in the buttock and upper leg for greater muscle stability and reduced fatigue.
- Crotch panel with a slightly thinner thickness for enhanced run to transition through greater flexibility.
- Industry first Aquatic Membrane. With neutral buoyancy, you will feel the water like never before in a wetsuit. less energy is expended as resistance against the buoyancy of the neoprene in the catch phase is reduced.
- Upper arm buoyancy and lower arm neutral buoyancy result in a higher elbow position for an improved catch.
- CWEZ X: Concave Water Entrapment Zone. Instustry first catch panel strips to maximize the water entrapment area for greater distance per stroke.
- Exclusive to 2XU, the lowered seam minimises friction and increases hydrodynamics.
- The neckline balances tension to minimize water intake and chafing.
- Seamless front construction for less drag.
- Manufactured from reliable, light and powerful material, positioned behind the back panel lapels to reduce water intake and deliver speed.